Agricultural Assistant Grade 2
Gazette Date: 30/12/2016
Last Date: 01/02/2017
Category No: 444/2016
Applications are invited online only by ONE TIME REGISTRATION scheme from qualified candidates for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service.
1. Department : Agriculture
2. Name of post : Agricultural Assistant Grade II
3. Scale of pay : E 20000 – 45800/-
4. No. of vacancy : 01 (One)
The above vacancies are now in existence. The Ranked List published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies reported to the Commission in writing, during the period of currency of the list.
Note:- 3% of vacancies for the post shall be reserved for eligible Differently abled candidates with Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment, Low vision categories are eligible vide G.O. (P) No.11/09/SWD dated, 10.02.2009, G.O.(P) 01/2013/SJD
5. Method of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment
6 Age limit : 18-37; Only candidates born between 02/01/1979
and 01/01/1998 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post. Scheduled Caste,Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Community candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation
[For conditions regarding age relaxations please See Para 2 of the General Conditions]
7. Qualification : A: (i) Diploma in Agricultural Science awarded by the Kerala
Agricultural University or its equivalent
In the absence of qualified hands, under item (i) above
(ii) Vocational Higher Secondary Certificate in Agriculture In the absence of qualified hands under item (i) and (ii)
(iii) 1) Pass in SSLC or its equivalent with Agriculture as optional subject
2) Pass in SSLC or its equivalent and a recognized training in Agriculture
3) Post Basic School Leaving Certificate with Agriculture as an optional subject
B. Good Physique
The following are the Certificates accepted as recognised training in Agriculture
1) Successful completion of 2 years certificate course in Agricultural Science conducted by Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai or by Other Rural Institutes recognised by the Government of India
2) Certificate in Agricultural Science awarded by the National Council of Rural Higher Education, Government of India
3) Certificate in KGTE or MGTE in Agriculture
4) One Year training in Agriculture at an Agricultural School or a basic Agricultural School
Note:- 1) Persons who have completed the 2 years certificate course in
Agriculture of the Rural Institute, Thavanur will be given
preference over KGTE / MGTE hands. The preference mentioned above will be within the meaning of GO(MS)50/70/PD dated 12/02/1970
2) Candidates for Direct Recruitment will have to undergo an endurance test and a written/objective type test conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission
3) Persons in possession of Diploma in Agricultural Science awarded by the Kerala Agricultural University and Vocational Higher Secondary Certificate in Agriculture are exempted from endurance test (GO(MS)312/75/Agri. Dated 16/10/1975,GO(MS)66/05/Agri
The Endurance Test will consist of :-
i) 1600 m race –maximum duration of 10 minutes
ii) Digging a plot of 0.4 ares –maximum duration 1 hour
4) Pre Service Training
All direct recruits except those who possess any of the certificates accepted as recognised training in agriculture will have to undergo a course of training for 6 months in any of the two centres at Ollukkara and Thaliparamba. Intensive Training will be given in theory as well as practical. At the end of the training period final test consisting theory, practical and oral will be conducted by the Deputy Director of Agriculture of the District concerned. Those who fail in the first chance will be given two more chances to sit for the test during the period of probation, failing which their probation will be terminated and service dispensed with. The test will be conducted half yearly during the period of probation. After the successful completion of training, the candidates will be appointed as Agricultural Assistants on R 20000 – 45800/-
5) All the direct recruits except those who have got exemption from the training will have to execute a bond agreeing to serve the Government for a period of two years failing which he/she should pay back to Government all the money paid to him/her to all the expenses incurred by the Government for his/her training together with liquidated damages of R 300 (PR). The specimen form of
the bond to be executed can be had from the Agricultural Department. A sum of 50 (PR) mensum (Vide GO(MS)No.407/70/Agri. dated 23/11/1970) will be paid as stipend during the period of training.
6) The Rank and Seniority of candidates selected for the post of Agricultural Assistant will be decided according to their ranks assigned in the advice list of the Public Service Commission, irrespective of whether they need or need not undergo pre service training. But in the case of those who fail to secure a pass after completion of the training in the first chance, their rank and seniority will be revised on the basis of the chances and mark they obtained in the subsequent chances.
Candidates appointed by direct recruitment will be on probation for a period of two years duty within a continuous period of 3 years
8. Method of submitting application
a) Mode of submitting Application:- Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in’ before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to applying for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31.12.2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if noncompliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, Community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
b) If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission
Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination.
(c) Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as I.D. Proof in their profile.
9. Last date for submission of application:- 01.02.2017 Wednesday up to 12.00 Midnight.
10. Name of Website to which applications are to be submitted : www.keralapsc.gov.in
(Please also see the General Conditions given in Part II of the Notification)
KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION