Extra Ordinary Gazette Date : 31.12.2019
Last Date : 05.02.2020
Category No: 530/2019
Applications are invited online only by `One Time Registration’ from qualified candidates for the post mentioned below. Candidates shall apply only through the online facility provided in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz, www.keralapsc.gov.in. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile. Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR as I.D. Proof in their profile.
1. Department : Police
2. Name of Post : Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion)
Note:Women candidates and differently abled
candidates are not eligible to apply in response to this
3. Scale of Pay : H 22,200-48,000/-
4. Number of vacancies : Battalionwise Anticipated Vacancies
Pathanamthitta (KAP III)
Idukki (KAP V)
Ernakulam (KAP I)
Thrissur (KAP II)
Kasaragod (KAP IV)
|Name of Battalion
|Name of District and Police District
coming under the Battalion
|PSC District office
in charge of the selection
City and Rural Police Districts)
|Kollam, Alappuzha and
Pathanamthitta Revenue Districts
(Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta Police Districts)
|Kottayam and Idukki Revenue
Districts (Kottayam and Idukki
| Ernakulam Revenue Districts.
(KochiCity and Ernakulam
Rural Police Districts)
| Thrissur and Palakkad Revenue
Palakkad Police Districts)
|Malappuram , Kozhikode Revenue
Districts (Malappuram Police
District,Kozhikode City and Rural
|Kannur, Wayanad and Kasaragod
Revenue Districts (Kannur, Wayanad
and Kasaragod Police Districts)
Selection will be made on Battalion wise basis. Candidates appointed to the various Battalions will be allowed transfer only to the District Armed Reserves concerned as shown against the Battalions noted above.
(i) Candidates are prohibited from applying to more than one Battalion in response to this notification.
(ii) Separate ranked lists for each Battalion will be published. The Ranked list thus published shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalization of the ranked list. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies listed above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the ranked list.
5 Method of appointment Direct Recruitment (Battalion wise)
6 Age limit 18-26. Candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) only are eligible to apply for this post.
Note:- Maximum age limit shall be relaxed upto 29 years for OBC candidates , 31 years for SC/ST candidates and 40 years for Ex-service men. [For other conditions regarding age relaxation, please see para 2(i) of the General Conditions.] Other conditions regarding age relaxation in Para (2) of the General Conditions are not applicable to this selection.
(a) Educational: Pass in HSE examination (Plus Two) or its equivalent Rule 10 (a) (ii) of Part II of the KS&SSR is applicable.
(i) Candidates who claim equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant
Government order to prove the claim at the time of One Time verification or
as required by the commission.
(ii) If the community claim in the application differs from the community noted in the SSLC book, then such changes are to be published in the gazette on or before the date of verification of original documents and the same should be produced along with the Community Certificate/Non Creamy layer Certificate issued by the Revenue authorities at the time of One Time Verification or as and when required by the commission.
(b) Physical Qualifications:
(i) Height : A minimum of 168cm.
(ii) Chest : A minimum of 81 cm and with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Note: Minimum Height and chest measurement shall be 160 cm and 76 cm respectively for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities. The minimum chest expansion of 5 cm shall, however be applicable for them also.
(iii) Eye Sight: Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses.
Vision Right Eye Left Eye
(a) Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen
(b) Near Vision 0.5 Snellen 0.5 Snellen
(i) Each eye must have a full field of vision. Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the eye or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
(ii) Must be free from apparent physical defects like knock-knee, flat foot, Varicose vein, bow legs, deformed hands & limbs, irregular and protruding tooth,defective speech and hearing.
(c) Must qualify in any five events out of eight events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency, One Star Standard Test.
Sl.No. Events One Star Standards
1. 100 Meters Run 14 Seconds
2. High Jump 132.20 cm
3. Long Jump 457.20 cm
4. Putting the Shot (7264 gm) 609.60 cm
5. Throwing the cricket ball 6096 cm
6. Rope climbing (using hands only) 365.80 cm
7. Pull up or chinning 8 times
8. 1500 meters run 5 minutes & 44 seconds.
Note: – Physical measurement of candidates will be taken at the time of physical efficiency test and those who do not possess the prescribed physical measurement will not be admitted for the physical efficiency test. If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the physical efficiency test, he will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
The candidates should produce at the time of physical efficiency test, a Medical Certificate in original in the form of prescribed here under, certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon/ Junior Consultant.
Note: Details regarding standards of vision should be clearly stated in the Certificate as given above and vague statement such as Vision Normal/good will not be accepted. Specification for each eye should be stated separately. If the specifications are not as indicated above, the officer issuing the Certificate should certify whether the candidate has got better standards of vision or worse standards of vision as the case may be, otherwise the Certificate will not be accepted.
8. Tentative Schedule
Date of OMR Examination : 2020 June – July
Date of Physical Measurement and Physical efficiency test : 2020 November – December
9. Mode of submitting applications:- Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz., www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be taken on or after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all the requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instrctions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link “Applications” in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of their personal information and the secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application, candidates must ensure the correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application once submitted is received as provisional and the details cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application submitted not in accordance with the conditions stipulated in the notification will be summarily rejected in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, Community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
10. Appropriate Disciplinary action as per Rules of procedure Rule 22 will be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc and submit confirmation for writing examination irrespective of whether they are present or absent for the examination.
11. Last date of submission of applications: 05.02.2020 Wednesday upto 12 midnigt.
12 If Written /OMR /Online Test is conducted as a part of this selection candidate shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration Profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the admission tickets in the last fifteen days till the date of test. The applications of candidate who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of admission tickets will be published in the examination calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective
profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it. (For details, please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of thisnotification.)
KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION