Reporter Grade 2 – Malayalam
Gazette Date: 30/12/2016
Last Date: 01/02/2017
Category No: 441/2016
Applications are invited Online only from qualified candidates for appointment in the
undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post the candidates
should register as per the One Time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service
1 Department : Police Department
2 Name of Post : Reporter Grade II (Malayalam)
(Head Constable-General Executive Force)
3 Scale of pay : `13900-24040/- (PR)
4 Number of vacancies : 8 (Eight)
The above vacancies are now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by
the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year
provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of
the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will
be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and also against the vacancy/vacancies
if any reported to the Commission in writing during the currency of the list.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6 Age limit : Age 18-26 Only candidates born between 01.01.1998 and
02.01.1990 (both dates are included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
(for other conditions regarding the age relaxation please see part 2 of the General Conditions.)
1) Must have passed SSLC Examination.
2) Must have passed Technical Examination in Malayalam Short hand (Lower Grade) conducted by the Government of Madras or the Government of Kerala or any other Examination declared to be its equivalent.
3) Should pass Malayalam Typewriting (Lower)
4) Those who are to be appointed as Junior Reporters in languages other than English must have those languages as their mother tongue or acquired proficiency equivalent to SSLC Standard in those languages.
5) Must have the minimum physical standard prescribed for recruitment as Constable.
Note : Shorthand Higher will be a compulsory qualification for promotion to the post of Shorthand Reporter Grade I.
8. Probation : Every person appointed to this post shall be on probation for a period of two years within a continuous period of three years.
9. Training: Every person appointed to this post shall undergo general training in the Police Recruit School and training in shorthand in the language which he is appointed to report during the period of probation.
10. Tests: Every person appointed to this post shall pass the following tests:
i) Standard I and II Speed Test in the language in which he has to report within the period of probation.
ii) English Typewriting (Lower Grade) within the period of probation.
iii) Efficiency Test once in every two years until he acquires experience of 10 years in reporting work as member of the Bureau, after passing the Standard II Speed Test.
Note: 1. An individual who fails to pass the efficiency test in three chances, which may be given to him at intervals of not more than three months and not less than two months should have his increment postponed till he passes the test.
2. Rule 10(a)(ii) of Part II KS & SSR is applicable.
11. Mode of Submitting applications:
(a) Candidates must register as per “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” with the Official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the post. The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote User-Id for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The applications will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) “If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calender. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the Examination.”
(c) Candidates who have AADHAAR Card should add AADHAAR Card as I.D. Proof in their profile.
12. Last date for receipt of applications :- 01.02.2017 Wednesday up to 12.00 Midnight.
13. Address to which applications are to be submitted : www.keralapsc.gov.in
(For details including Photo ID Card, etc. refer the General Conditions given in Part II of the Gazette Notification. )
KERALAPUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION