CHIEF DECENTRALISED PLANNING STATE PLANNING BOARD
Gazette Date: 11/11/2016
Last Date: 14/12/2016
Category No: 330/2016
Applications are invited Online only from qualified candidates for appointment in the
undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post the candidates
should register as per the One Time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service
1 Department : State Planning Board
2 Name of Post : Chief (Decentralised Planning)
3 Scale of pay : `.46,640 – 59,840/-(P.R)
4 Number of vacancies : 1 (One)
The above vacancy is now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by the
Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year
provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of
the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will
be advised from the said list against the vacancy noted above and also against the vacancies if any
reported to the Commission during the currency of the list.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6 Age limit : Age 30 – 46. Only candidates born between 02.01.1970 and
01.01.1986 (both dates are included) are eligible to apply for
this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes,
Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
(for other conditions regarding the age relaxation please see
part 2 of the General Conditions.)
Note: 1. Candidates belonging to SC/ST, Other Backward Classes and not already in service of Government shall be eligible for relaxation of age limit as provided in Sub Rule -C of Rule 10
Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958 subject to the specific condition that the upper age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years.
2. The upper age limit for recruitment to the post shall in the case of any candidate
already in the department including the candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBCs be 50 years.
1 (a) Doctorate in Economics or Statistics of a recognised University or Institution
(b) First or Second Class Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Commerce of a recognised University or Institution; and
2. Experience in Economics or Statistical work (Theoritical or Applied) preferably in the field of Industrial Economics or Agricultural Economics either in Government departments recognised Universities or other recognised Institutions for a period
of 4 years in the case of person with Doctorate Degree and 7 years in case of others.
Note: (1) Only a pass in Masters Degree in the concerned subject is necessary in the case of candidate already in the department.
(2) The qualification of experience prescribed for the post shall be one acquired after the acquisition of academic qualifications prescribed for the post.
(3) Candidates belonging to any of the SC or ST need not possess the qualification of experience prescribed for the post.
8. The rules of reservation prescribed in General Rules 14 to 17 of Part II of KS&SSR 1958 are not applicable to this post.
Probation : Every person appointed to this post shall from the date on which he joined duty, be on probation for a period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Note: Rule 10(a)(ii) of Part II KS & SSR is applicable.
9. Mode of Submitting applications:
Candidates must register as per “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” with the Official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to
apply for the post. The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion of the photograph. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote User-Id for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The applications will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
10. Last date for receipt of applications :-14.12.2016 , Wednesday up to 12 midnight.
11. Address to which applications are to be submitted : www.keralapsc.gov.in
12. “If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calender. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the Examination.”
(For details including Photo, ID Card, etc. refer the General Conditions given in Part II of the Gazette Notification. )
KERALAPUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION