Higher Secondary School Teacher
Gazette Date: 30/12/2016
Last Date: 01/02/2017
Category No: 497/2016
FIRST NCA NOTIFICATION
Online applications are invited after “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” from qualified candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe communities in the State of Kerala for selection to the undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service.
1 Department : Higher Secondary Education
2 Name of Post : Higher Secondary School Teacher – Mathematics
Explanation : Higher Secondary School Teacher means full time post of
Higher Secondary School Teacher.
3 Scale of pay : ` 19,240 – 34,500/- (PR)
4 Number of vacancy : Scheduled Tribe –1 (One)
Note:- The above vacancy is now in existence. The Ranked List of selected candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes, published by the Commission on the basis of this notification will remain in force till candidates are advised / appointed against the vacancies earmarked for Scheduled Tribes, but remain unfilled during the currency of the Ranked List published on 16.02.2015 for the post.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment only from candidates belonging to
reservation group of Scheduled Tribes.
Note:- Applications of candidates belonging to communities other than STs will be summarily rejected. Individual rejection memo will not be sent to them.
6 Age limit : 1) 20-45 (Only candidates born between 02/01/1971
and 01/01/1996 (both dates included) are eligible to
apply for the post (including relaxation as per para 2
(i) of the General Conditions).
[For other conditions regarding age relaxations, please see Para 2 of the General Conditions, excluding para 2(i)]
7 Qualifications :
I. Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognised as equivalent thereto in the respective subject by any University in Kerala.
II. (1) B.Ed in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognised as equivalent there to by a University in Kerala.
(2) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree in the concerned subject, B.Ed degree acquired in the concerned faculty as specified in the Acts and Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala.
(3) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree as specified in items (1) and (2) above, persons with B.Ed degree in any subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the
Universities in Kerala.
M Sc.Ed in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
III. Must have passed the State Eligibility Test for the post of Higher Secondary School Teachers conducted by Government of Kerala or by the agency authorised by the State Government.
Note:- Persons who have acquired M.Ed. in the subject concerned recognised by any University in Kerala are exempted from B.Ed qualification.
1. Those persons who have passed the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for the post of College Lecturers conducted by Government of Kerala are exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teachers.
2. Those persons who have passed the National Eligibility Test/Junior Research Fellowship shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
3. Persons with Ph.D/M.Phil/M.Ed degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test provided the M.Phil in the concerned subject should be one awarded by any of the Universities in Kerala or recognised as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala.
4. The teachers who have completed 10 (ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education Subordinate Service shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teacher.
Note:- Rule 10(a) ii of Part II of KS & SSR is applicable.
8. Mo de o f sub mi tt in g Applicat io n :-
(a) Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the official website
of the Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging into their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link to apply for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be inscribed at the bottom portion. Photograph once uploaded, meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link ‘Registration Card’ in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if non-compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Original documents to prove qualification, experience, community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) “Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as I.D. Proof in their profile”.
9 (a) Last date for receipt of applications :- 01.02.2017 Wednesday upto 12.00 Midnight.
(b) “If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket
for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time
Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the
Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days
from that date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket alone
will be permitted to attend the Examination.”
10. Address to which applications are to be submitted:- www.keralapsc.gov.in
(See General Conditions in Part II of the Gazette Notification for instructions regarding Photo, ID Card ,
KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION