Higher Secondary School Teacher – Junior
Gazette Date: 31/12/2016
Last Date: 01/02/2017
Category No: 538/2016
Applications are invited Online only from qualified candidates for appointment in the
undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post the candidates
should register as per the One Time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service
1 Department : Kerala Higher Secondary Education
2 Name of Post : Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) Malayalam
in Special Schools
3 Scale of pay : `16980-31360/- (PR)
4 Number of vacancies : 1 (One)
The above vacancy is now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by the
Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year
provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of
the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will
be advised from the said list against the vacancy noted above and also against the vacancies if any
reported to the Commission during the currency of the list.
5 Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6 Age limit : Age 18-45 Only candidates born between 02.01.1971
and 01.01.1998 (both dates included) are eligible to apply
for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes,
Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities. (for other conditions regarding the age relaxation please see part 2 of the General Conditions.)
I. Masters Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognised as equivalent thereto in the respective subject by any University in Kerala.
II. 1) B.Ed in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognised as equivalent there to by any University in Kerala.
2) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree in the concerned subject, B.Ed degree acquired in the concerned Faculty as specified in the Acts and Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala.
3) In the absence of persons with B.Ed Degree as specified in items (1) and (2) above, the persons with B.Ed degree in any subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognised as equivalent there to by any of the Universities in Kerala.
III Must bave passed the State Eligibility Test (SET) for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher conducted by the Govt. of Kerala or by the Agency authorised by the State Government.
IV In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must have passed Degree or Diploma in Special Training in teaching the HI/VI/MR students obtained from recognized institutions.
Note:- 1) In the absence of B.Ed. Degree holders, candidates having Master’s degree with not less than 50% marks and who have passed the State Eligibility Test will be considered. Preference will be given to those who have acquired Ph.D/M.Phil Degree or qualified as Junior Research Fellowship/National Eligibility Test. The teachers appointed under this provision will have to acquire B.Ed degree at their own expense within five years from the date of entry in service.
2) Persons who have acquired M.Ed in the concerned subject recognised by any University in Kerala are exempted from B.Ed qualification.
3) Those who have passed Language Teachers Training Course are exempted from acquiring B.Ed qualification.
1. Those persons who have passed the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for the post of College Lecturers conducted by Government of Kerala are exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teachers.
2. Those persons who have passed the National Eligibility Test/Junior Research Fellowship shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
3. Persons with Ph.D/M.Phil/M.Ed degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test provided the M.Phil in the concerned subject should be one awarded by any of the
Universities in Kerala or recognised as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala.
4. The teachers who have completed 10 (ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education Subordinate Service shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teacher.
5. Rule 10(a)(ii) of Part II KS & SSR is applicable.
Note:- Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) means post having work load of below 15 periods per week per subject.
8. Mode of Submitting applications:
(a) Candidates must register as per “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” with the Official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the respective posts in the ‘Notification’ Link to apply for the post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote User-Id for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The applications will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) Candidates who have AADHAAR Card should add AADHAAR Card as I.D. Proof in their profile.
(c) If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the Examination.
9. Last date for receipt of applications :- 01.02.2017 Wednesday up to 12 midnight.
10. Address to which applications are to be submitted : www.keralapsc.gov.in
(For details including Photo ID Card, etc. refer the General Conditions given in Part II of the Gazette Notification. )
KERALAPUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION