Clerk CATEGORY NO . 503/2023 PART I (DIRECT RECRUITMENT)
Applications are invited online only through ‘ ONE TIME REGISTRATION ‘ system exclusively
from qualified candidates for selection to the under mentioned post . Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission after One Time Registration. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1 Department : Various
2 Name of post : Clerk
Note:- This includes the integrated post of Clerk / Village Assistant in the Revenue Department.
3. Scale of pay : ₹.26500-60700/-
4. No. of vacancies : District wise Anticipated Vacancies
(1) Separate Ranked Lists will be prepared for each district in pursuance of this notification. The Ranked List thus prepared and published by the Commission, shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year, subject to the condition that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised for appointment against vacancies reported during the currency of the lists. In case no candidate is advised from the list till the expiry of the period of three years, the duration of the Ranked List shall be extended for a further period of one year or till at least one candidate is advised from the lists whichever is earlier.
(2) 4% of the total vacancies reported shall be reserved for eligible Differently Abled Candidates with disabilites as specified vide G.O(P)No.19/2020/SJD Dated 25/08/2020 & G.O(P)No.07/2022/SJD Dated 28/10/2022.link: https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/inlinefiles/g_o__p__7_2022_sjd_dtd_28_10_2022.pdf
(3) Candidates who are eligible to apply for both Direct Recruitment and Recruitment By Transfer need not select the same district for both categories. But they should submit separate applications for each category even if they select the same district. Candidates who are already included in the Ranked list for By Transfer Recruitment in any one district are not eligible to apply for By Transfer recruitment. Candidates who are included in both lists under this notification and advised from any one of the lists shall be deleted from the other list as per Rule 18 (iv) of the KPSC Rules of Procedure.
(4) Candidates advised as Clerk/Village Assistant in the Revenue Department from the Ranked List to be prepared in pursuance of this notification will be sent by the Department for Survey Training if they have not already passed Chain Survey Test.
(5) Selection to this post will be made on the basis of a Competitive Test of the SSLC Standard. (6) Candidates willing to be posted as Clerk in Kerala State Archives Department must submit willingness. Such candidates are eligible for appointment in other departments also, as and when their turn for recruitment arises. If a person is once advised for appointment in the State Archives Department, he will not be further considered for appointment in any other Department on the basis of that select list. Persons appointed as Clerk in State Archives Department have to undergo during the period of probation, an Inservice Training in “Old Scripts” as may be prescribed by the Government.
(7) The selection test will be conducted at different centres in each district (The name of the Examination Centres will be published later). The candidates should appear for the examination wherever they are admitted. As the selection is District wise, candidates will be allowed to appear for the test only in the examination centres for the District, which they have opted in the relevant column of the application. Candidates should be present at the examination centre on or before 1.30 pm on the date of examination. Candidates who failed to do so will not be permitted to attend the examination.
(8) The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made on district wise basis, subject to the special conditions laid down in G.O. (Ms) No.154/71/PD dated 27.05.1971. A candidate advised for appointment in one district from the Ranked List prepared for that District is not eligible for transfer to another District for a period of 5 years from the date of commencement of regular service in the former district. Even if transfer is allowed after 5 years, it will be subject to the rules in G.O. (P) No.36/91/P&ARD dated 02.12.1991 for inter district transfers in same Department and G.O. (P) No.5/2013/P&ARD dated 06.02.2013 for inter departmental transfers. But as per G.O. (P) 12/96/P & ARD dated 16.03.1996, the
condition of 5 years service is not applicable for the transfer to the Districts of Idukki, Wayanad and Kasaragod. This concession will be available only for getting transfer into these districts, but not for getting transfer out of these districts and this concession will be granted only once in the career of a Government Servant. Candidates already in Government Service holding the post in any one district are prohibited from applying for the post .
(9) Candidates will be advised from the Ranked List for appointment against the Headquarters vacancies also without their consent. Vacancies arising in the Headquarters will be filled up according to the terms and conditions of G.O.(Ms) No 154/71/PD dated 27.05.1971, commencing from Thiruvananthapuram District. Such candidates will be eligible for transfer to another district as per the terms and conditions in G.O(MS)No.442/80/GAD dated 26/09/1980.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment
6. Qualification : Pass in SSLC Examination or any other equivalent qualification.
Note :- 1) Rule 10 a(ii) of Part II KS &SSR is applicable
2) In addition to the qualifications prescribed in the notification, the qualifications recognized by executive orders or standing orders of Government as equivalent to
a qualification specified for a post, in the Special Rules or found acceptable by the
Commission in cases where acceptance of equivalent qualifications is provided for
in the rules and such of those qualifications which pre-suppose the acquisition of
the lower qualification prescribed for the post, shall also be sufficient for the post.
The copy of the Government orders declaring equivalent/higher qualifications
shall be produced as and when required by the Commission.
7. Age limit : 18-36, Only candidates born between 02.01.1987 and 01.01.2005 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post.
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward communities are eligible for usual age relaxation (For concessions allowed in upper age limit, subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 (fifty) years (including all concessions). Please see Para (2) of the General Conditions under Part II of this notification)
Note:- Typists in the Various Departments including Secretariat and Office of the Kerala Public Service Commission possessing SSLC qualification are eligible to apply in response to this notification in case they possess not less than 4 (four) years regular service on the date of application. The maximum age limit for such persons will be 40 (Forty) years (born on or after 02.01.1983) with usual relaxation of three years in case of OBC and 5 years in
case of SC/ST candidates. The candidates in this category are not entitled to the benefit of
reservation. Such applicants should obtain a Service Certificate from the Head of the
Department or Office showing their length of service and service to which they belong and
produce the same as and when required by the Commission.
8. Address to which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in
9. Mode of Submitting Applications :-
Candidates must register as per ONE TIME REGISTRATION with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging into their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31.12.2013. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of taking photograph. Candidates who are creating their profile newly from 01.01.2023 , should upload the photograph taken within 6 months . There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. Candidates are advised to keep a printout or soft copy of the online application for future reference. Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile. All correspondences with the Commission, regarding the application should be accompanied with the print out of the application. The application will be summarily rejected if non-compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing.
Original documents to prove qualification, experience, age, community etc. have to be produced as and when called for.Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as I.D. Proof in their profile.
10. Last date of receipt of applications : 03.01.2024 Wednesday upto 12 midnight.
11. If Written Test/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets in the last 15 days till the date of Test. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phones registered in it. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the
12. Special Instructions to Candidates
(i) In the case of difference in Caste/ Community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC book, the candidate shall produce a gazette notification in this regard, along with Noncreamy layer certificate/ Community Certificate at the time of certificate verification.
(ii) Candidates are required to acquaint themselves with the instructions given in the notification as Part II ,General Conditions before submitting application for the post. Applications which are not submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions laid down in the General Conditions are liable to be rejected.
(iii) Appropriate disciplinary action as per Rule 22 of the Kerala Public Service Commission Rules of Procedure 1976 shall be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc and are liable to be disqualified for being considered for a particular post or debarment from applying to the Commission either permanently or for any period or the invalidation of their answer scripts or products in a written/practical test or the initiation of criminal or other proceedings against them or their removal or dismissal from office or the ordering of any other disciplinary action against them if they have already been appointed , or any one or more of the above. (For details please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of this notification)